Meepo is Kobold sorcerer who started out as a young child in the Circulus (Season 1) campaign. She quickly fell in love with the prestidigitation cantrip and used it often. If you want to get the most fun from Prestidigitation, you need to “think outside of the box” when using it.
Prestidigitation has a ten-foot range, and the effect of it can last for one hour. A player can cast it multiple times, and can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time.
- Create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect (shower of sparks, puff of wind, musical notes or odd odor).
- Instantaneously light or snuff a candle, torch, or small campfire
- Instantaneously clean or soil an object no larger than 1 cubic foot
- Chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material or a surface for an hour
- Make a color, a small mark, or a symbol appear on an object or surface for an hour
- Create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn
Meepo loves bright colors (especially pink) and shiny objects. In the artwork above, she either created a shiny trinket, or picked up a rock and gave it a bright, reflective, color.
She once used prestidigitation to “paint” colors all along the walls of the home of a party member’s mother. This alarmed two members of her party, one of whom (a bard) followed Meepo and used prestidigitation to remove the colors.
A little later, the small group found a tripwire, which Meepo helpfully wanted to add a sparkly color to so people would see it and not trip over it. But, her party wouldn’t allow her to do that. For some reason.
Early on the campaign, Meepo bonded with Vex (a Ranger). She found it really disturbing that he kept getting eaten by the monsters that they were fighting. So, one day, she used prestidigitation to make his clothes have a very bad flavor. Why? “So if you get eaten again, they will spit you out.”
The flavor she chose was “butterfly,” after having eaten one and quickly learning that they taste awful.
The most outrageous thing Meepo did with prestidigitation was a practical joke. Vex convinced her to turn Panq’s (a Barbarian) beloved weapon pink. They snuck up on him while he was sleeping, quickly turned “the can opener” a bright Barbie pink and fled to the roof. It was immediately obvious when Panq woke up and discovered what had happened! He was not pleased.
You can listen to all of these creative uses of prestidigitation in episodes of Circulus Season 1.